When will the mirrors be updated?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Sep 20 17:26:39 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> said:
> On 20 September 2012 10:12, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf at omen.com> wrote:
> > yum update is up to rc6 on the kernel, but
> >
> >   mirrors1.kernel.org::fedora/development/18/x86_64/os
> >
> > is only at rc2.   When will the development tree be updated?
>
> mirroring is a pull technology not a push technology. EG we can update
> all we want but it is up to the mirror to pull the data down to their
> servers. In cases where a mirror is way behind you need to contact the
> mirror administrators and let them know.

Yeah, you say "mirrors" and then list one.

Looking into it more though, the problem appears to be that you are
looking in the wrong place.  I have kernel-3.6.0-0.rc6.git0.2.fc18 in
updates/testing/18, not development/18 (which IIRC is normal
post-Alpha).  My mirror synced that a couple of days ago (Sep 18 20:15
UTC).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>