testing 20120926_f18b-smoke3 DVD iso

Nonamedotc nonamedotc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 02:04:45 UTC 2012

I think this is a vast improvement over the previous images as expected.
I tested the DVD iso on a virtual machine and here are some observations.

1. The image is automatically recognized as local repo and it works fine.
2. Package selection screen actually allows selection of packages (to
the extent I tested - not too extensively tested).
3. Disk partitioning is still weird. Here is why.

                 I tested on a virtual disk where I had debian installed
previously. The installer crashed twice before I was able to partition
the disks. I did the exact same thing all three times. Select the
existing partitions, click on '-' to remove the partitions. The
partition will be removed but nothing would show up in the "space
remaining" box on the left bottom of screen. After deleting all
partitions, the region was devoid of any details and no option to create
new partitions! If I click back, the installer crashed. Sigh! When I
repeated the same procedure except click on "Finish partitioning" in the
last step, installer crashed. Third time lucky though. I was able to
create new partitions without crash.

4. A suggestion here: Wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of statement
saying "clicking on set root password" spoke will not halt/disturb the
disk partitioning and installation? This would be nice particularly
because every other step is completed in the hub and "root password"
screen appears later ..

As I am writing, the installation is going on...

nonamedotc.

nonamedotc