ctrl-alt-bksp

Sergio sergiocmailbox-users at yahoo.com.br
Sat Sep 29 13:27:03 UTC 2012

--- Em sex, 28/9/12, Clyde E. Kunkel <clydekunkel7734 at verizon.net> escreveu:

> De: Clyde E. Kunkel <clydekunkel7734 at verizon.net>
> Assunto: Re: ctrl-alt-bksp
> Para: "For testing and quality assurance of Fedora releases" <test at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Data: Sexta-feira, 28 de Setembro de 2012, 18:12
> On 09/28/2012 10:34 PM, Kevin Fenzi
> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > System > Preferences > Keyboard
> >
> > In this new window click on the Layout tab and then
> click on the
> > Options button. In this new window expand the entry
> for
> > Key sequence to kill the X server. Once you expand that
> you will see
> > the entry for Control + Alt + Backspace. Make sure that
> entry has its
> > checkbox checked and then close the window.
> >
> > kevin
> >

> In the rawhide Gnome shell I don't have System >
> Preferences > Keyboard. All I have is the keyboard icon
> in the settings gui and even tho there is a Layout Settings
> click thru, there isn't anything like the C-A-Bksp key
> sequence in there.  If I go to fallback mode there
> still isn't any Preferences menu item.  I do remember
> the System > Preferences > Keyboard sequence in
> previous versions of gnome, but am completely stumped now.
>
> -- Regards,

Sorry if it doesn't help, but I just checked that I have this feature enabled by default in F17/Xfce through system-setup-keyboard.

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-system-setup-keyboard.conf
# This file is autogenerated by system-setup-keyboard. Any
# modifications will be lost.

Section "InputClass"
	Identifier	"system-setup-keyboard"
	MatchIsKeyboard	"on"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"abnt2"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"br"
#	Option		"XkbVariant"	"(null)"
	Option		"XkbOptions"	"terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp,"
EndSection

And it works.

xorg-x11-server-Xorg.i686              1.12.3-2.fc17