systemd waiting for stop jobs

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 17:04:42 UTC 2013

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 12:43:08 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> I see this once in a while. It seems that it typically is having trouble
> cleaning up devices (file systems, luks containers, raid arrays) and times
> out in a few minutes.

Bugzilla response suggests that this is a [known] kernel bug. Failure
to unmount loop mounts. Indeed a manual umount doesn't return here either.
So, no surprise this leads to problems during poweroff/reboot.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) - Linux 3.9.0-0.rc5.git1.301.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.44 0.20 0.11