headless installation of Fedora 19 Alpha TC5

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 21:30:24 UTC 2013

On 04/10/13 23:20, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 04/10/2013 09:15 PM, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> (... resending after subscribing to the list...)
>>
>> I have a workstation with
>> - ethernet connection,
>> - serial connection (with null modem cable),
>> - USB sockets,
>> - no optical drive,
>> - no display,
>> - no keyboard,
>> - no mouse.
>>
>> How can I install F19 Alpha on it?
>>
>> My partitioning needs are non-default, hence I think I'll need to run
>> anaconda in GUI mode via VNC over the ethernet connection. That's OK,
>> but I must see the initial grub menu over serial, and type in any
>> necessary boot params (for VNC) likewise. How can I do that? What boot
>> image should I use exactly, and what options should I specify when &
>> where?
>

> PXE + Kickstart install ?

Thanks for the suggestion! I guess I could try to set up a PXE server.

However I'm not considering kickstart. I kind of insist doing the
partitioning interactively; there's other stuff on the target disk that
I'd like to keep intact.

Would it be possible for me to rebuild an ISO with just a few mods here
and there in order to get serial IO upfront?

Thanks!
Laszlo