Fedora 20 naming process delayed & Alpha consequences

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Aug 26 12:15:36 UTC 2013

Hi,
due to bad communication, the deadline for F20 name was extended to
this Friday but this means the decision will probably come too late
for Design team to create artwork for Alpha and it's one of the
blocking criterion. The idea is to have different artwork to the
previous releases, so users are not confused what version they
are running.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_19_Alpha_Release_Criteria#Desktop_background

There are several options.
1) don't tie artwork on name and Design team can brainstorm a
different one, still not much time left
2) use for Alpha some temporary solution different from F19 aka
one of F19 supplementary wps etc...
3) less preferable - don't be so strict for Alpha due to limited
time + issues with naming elections and apply this criterion for
Beta...

(I assume we are still in the beginning of artwork process)

Jaroslav