Redrawing issues (was: Re: rawhide report: 20130131 changes)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Feb 1 14:18:34 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 11:11:16 +0100,
   Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:15:05 +0000, Fedora Rawhide Report wrote:
>
>> clutter-1.13.4-3.fc19
>> ---------------------
>> * Wed Jan 30 2013 Matthias Clasen <…> - 1.13.4-3
>> - Fix a gnome-shell crash
>
>With the latest Rawhide updates, there are strange screen redrawing issues
>here. Starting with GDM, which took unusually long to load, and then on
>the screen the user names were missing. I clicked the empty area to open
>a password prompt, then cancelled it to make the other names appear.

Are you sure some of this isn't kernel related? I had an issue that I thought
was related to both the kernel version and my rv280 based video card, that
sound somewhat similar to this. (Running an older kernel fixed the issue,
but I didn't see it at all on another machine using a different video card
and f18 packages except for kernels.)