2012-11-05 through 2013-01-28 - Fedora QA Meetings - recaps

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Feb 2 06:58:13 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-02-02 at 06:47 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 02/02/2013 03:20 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

> > On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM, Adam Williamson  wrote:.html
> >
> >         The previous incarnation dates to July 2005:
> >
> >         https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/triage/2005-July/000000.html
> >

> > Since you love history,  Jack had pitched the idea to GregDek and we
> > all were on a conference call a day or so before that announcement
> > to try and figure out how we can initiate bug triaging in Fedora
> > because we didn't have much room for people to contribute back then
> > and bug triaging didn't require much of a infrastructure and we did
> > some meetings and regular triaging for a few weeks.  Then everyone
> > got busy with other things and it didn't catch on.  There has been a
> > few different attempts to revive it but apparently none of us have
> > figured out yet how to do it in a sustainable fashion.
> >

> The guys that did the third "clear" <Zapp> clear <Zapp> clear <Zapp>
> bugzapper at that time)  are called John Poelstra and Jon Stanley...
>
> Oh Rahul I'm having fun keep educate me ;)

The 2005 version was definitely called BugZappers - if you look at
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/triage/2005-July/000000.html ,
it says "Who are the BugZappers?" and links to
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers .

I wasn't around back in 2005-2006, but it looks like there was something
that was pretty much 'Fedora testing' for a while, but it was Will who
first decided to call it 'Fedora QA' in 2006.