F18 doesn't see full laptop screen resolution

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 3 06:52:27 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-02 23:10 (GMT-0700) Chris Murphy composed:

> Adam Williamson wrote:

>> Hell, to be honest, this is an area where even if you submit a patch,
>> it might not get taken.

> That's why I suggested grub-devel@ first before putting in the effort. I
> see patches posted there all the time that get charitable *yawn* as

IIRC, Fedora is the only distro I've installed since the first appearance of
KMS in which the bootloader menu didn't have at least two entries, the latter
of which including nomodeset on kernel line in addition to whatever else
constitutes "failsafe" mode. My guess is it's the easiest approach to
avoiding the OP's problem. I suspect implementation isn't really an upstream
issue. nor do I have a clue whether upstream has or would consider a feature
to facilitate implementation.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/