How to make a Video CD with JPGs - Brasero problem?

Joerg Lechner julechner at aol.com
Sat Feb 9 12:46:28 UTC 2013

Fedora 18, German language. I tried to make a new video project with Brasero. Input 165 JPG images, each about 2 MB, and a blank CD-R disc 737 MB free. I have chosen "Abbilddateien", then I could see the list of the 165 JPGs. Clicked on "Hinzufuegen" (add). The answer was "1-000.jpg konnte nicht geoeffnet werden" (couldn't be opened), 1-000.jpg is the first foto in the list.  "1-000.jpg ist nicht fuer Audio oder Video- Medien geeignet" (1-000.jpg doesn't fit Audio or Video - Media). The answer for the other JPGs resulted in the same error message. A VCD with the same JPGs can easily be made with an old Roxio program on Windows XP. Brasero problem ?