newer kernels can't see \ HDMI

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Thu Feb 14 06:13:37 UTC 2013

On 02/13/2013 07:29 PM, John Wendel wrote:
> What video card? Which video driver?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.
It's an older-generation Intel.  Xorg.0.log says G41,
which seems right.  I believe GMA X4500 or GMA X4500HD, though
I don't see that mentioned in the Xorg.0.log.

It appears to be using the intel driver,
in both the working and non-working cases.

> I have F18, latest updates, with an Nvidia card and Nvidia
> driver working with HDMI output, video and sound.

I agree it's probably chipset-specific.

(I have also have HDMI working on my newer laptop with
NVidia/Intel/Optimis - though I use the Free drivers(s).)

Probably not many people are running this combination:
old chipset, new kernel, HDMI.
--
	--Per Bothner