BlockerBugsApp to AutoQA Trac?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 15:29:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-02-22 at 08:16 -0700, Tim Flink wrote:

> I'm not sure that adding a new field for ticket submission is the best
> answer here.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. The defaultccplugin solution
I proposed doesn't do this.

What happens right now is we use a setting in trac that adds a given
address or set of addresses to the CC field on *every ticket*.

defaultccplugin allows us to set default CC per component rather than
universally. But the basic mechanism is the same in both cases: an
address is (can be) added to trac's public CC field at ticket creation
time. The plugin just lets us specify different addresses for different
components.

> I'd almost rather move the tickets to a different trac
> instance if the emails to test@ are a problem/annoyance.
>
> Does anyone else have input on this? I'm probably one of the least
> impartial since I subscribe to both lists and am affected by emails
> relating to the blocker tracking app.
>
> Does anyone think that the development related ticket emails are
> annoying or inappropriate for test@?

I can see the benefit in splitting them up.