Removing Development Related Email from the Test List

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 15:37:01 UTC 2013

There has already been a thread here on this topic [1] but after it came
up in the Fedora QA meeting yesterday, we decided to make an actual
proposal.

[1]http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2013-February/113898.html

The concern raised is that notifications for development related tickets
for the blocker tracking app are out of place on the Test list.

To solve this, we have a couple of options:

1. Start using the defaultcc plugin for trac such that emails for the
blocker tracking app are directed to a new qa-devel@ list

2. Move all development related tickets out of the Fedora QA trac into
a new trac instance for the blocker tracking app which uses qa-devel@
for notifications.

3. Move all development related tickets to a different existing trac
(probably autoqa)

Personally, I don't have any really strong feelings about (1) or (2).
(1) is probably a little less work in the short term but (2) isn't a
bad idea. I'm somewhat strongly -1 on (3), though - If I need to go
through and do the work of moving tickets and changing settings, I
don't really want to be hacking up another project's trac instance.

I've already started a thread on autoqa-devel@ asking about combining
that list with a new qa-devel@ [2]. The initial response has been
positive - I don't expect that will be a problem.

[2]https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/autoqa-devel/2013-February/003519.html

Anyhow, thoughts on the possible solutions or how much work the problem
is worth?

Tim