Removing Development Related Email from the Test List

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 23:51:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:37:01 -0700
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

> There has already been a thread here on this topic [1] but after it
> came up in the Fedora QA meeting yesterday, we decided to make an
> actual proposal.
>
> [1]http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2013-February/113898.html
>
> The concern raised is that notifications for development related
> tickets for the blocker tracking app are out of place on the Test
> list.
>
> To solve this, we have a couple of options:
>
> 1. Start using the defaultcc plugin for trac such that emails for the
> blocker tracking app are directed to a new qa-devel@ list
>
> 2. Move all development related tickets out of the Fedora QA trac into
> a new trac instance for the blocker tracking app which uses qa-devel@
> for notifications.
>
> 3. Move all development related tickets to a different existing trac
> (probably autoqa)
>
> Personally, I don't have any really strong feelings about (1) or (2).
> (1) is probably a little less work in the short term but (2) isn't a
> bad idea. I'm somewhat strongly -1 on (3), though - If I need to go
> through and do the work of moving tickets and changing settings, I
> don't really want to be hacking up another project's trac instance.
>
> I've already started a thread on autoqa-devel@ asking about combining
> that list with a new qa-devel@ [2]. The initial response has been
> positive - I don't expect that will be a problem.
>
> [2]https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/autoqa-devel/2013-February/003519.html
>
> Anyhow, thoughts on the possible solutions or how much work the
> problem is worth?

There hasn't been much of a response to this yet, so I'm assuming that
everyone is OK with the idea of (1) and keeping the blocker tracking
app bugs on the fedora-qa trac. If we're going to migrate to a new
trac instance, I'd rather do it soon (in the next week) since we're
getting close to the F19 branch date.

On a related note, the proposal to consolidate autoqa-devel@ and other
QA development discussion on to a single list went over well and we've
started migrating over to the new qa-devel@ list [1]