kernel headers

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Jan 12 12:26:48 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 05:09:41AM -0700, Lawrence Graves wrote:
> what the error message says is that it could not find the kernel headers for
> kernel 3.7.1-5. I know that they were installed. So where are the kernel header
> file if in fact it was installed.

Usually, if VMware can't find kernel-headers, you need the kernel-devel
package.

The kernel-devel package number has to match the result of uname -r.  What
I frequently see on the forums is that someone updated, got a newer package
of kernel-devel, but hasn't rebooted, so there will be a version mismatch.

Also, if running a PAE kernel, one has to specify kernel-PAE-devel.  (Which
doesn't seem relevant in your case).

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Isn't that what they called The Slayer?
Willow: Buffy, ohh scary.
Xander: Someone has to talk to her people. That name is striking
fear in nobody's hearts.