unable to fully boot after deleting home partition

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jan 13 10:58:37 UTC 2013

cornel panceac <cpanceac <at> gmail.com> writes:

> afaik systemd wants nofail option for devices that may be missing at boot time.

But isn't that just covering up the problem? It shouldn't be looking for that
specific device, since it no longer exists. If I knew where the reference to it
was, I could remove it and fix the problem at the source. If the home partition
is removed during installation (which is what I normally do), the installed
system works normally, so I'd like to get the equivalent of that.