Anyone tried Fedora 18 on Dell R815<

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 07:56:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM, Gianluca Cecchi  wrote:

> I start from DVD iso on iDRAC and after selecting install
> (both nomal/default and troubleshooting--> basic video drivers)
>
> I land at dracut shell saying
>
> dracut-initqueue Warning could not boot
> dracut-initqueue Warning /dev/root doesn't exist

I also noticed this thread regarding live desktop and UEFI secure boot
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2013-January/113317.html

possibly me hitting the same problem, as the system is currently configured
with EFI
I found this at known issue page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F18_bugs#UEFI_boot_of_Fedora_18_CD_or_DVD_disc_on_Mac_hardware_falls_to_a_prompt

but it seems is not related to my hw and situation...
I will check during weekend if setting boot mode to bios solves the problem.
Gianluca