dracut-initqueue[265]: /dev/disk/by-label/Fedora-18-x86_64-Live-Desktop.is does not exist.

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 20:39:23 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-16 at 17:35 +0100, Namikaze Minato wrote:
> > Trying to boot "Fedora 18 Live Desktop" on an EFI machine HP
> > (Probook 4540s) regardless of SecureBoot status results in the
> > following warnings until starting the rescue shell:
>
> It is working by disabling SecureBoot *and* enabling legacy boot.
> But the question still stands: Why doesn't it boot with SecureBoot enabled?

'Enable legacy boot' means you are no longer using UEFI mode at all, you
are using BIOS compatibility - you're basically doing a BIOS boot. So
your problem is not Secure Boot, but UEFI itself.

Are you sure you tried a dd written stick? Images written with
liveusb-creator are not UEFI bootable, this is known. I don't know about
ones written with unetbootin, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if
they had problems with UEFI. The only methods tested and known for sure
to work for UEFI booting are dd and livecd-iso-to-disk: if you want a
UEFI-bootable image, you should be focusing on one of those two methods.