proper cross linking bugs upstream

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 20:40:00 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-01-26 at 09:45 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> What field should I enter in bugzilla to link it to an upstream bug?
> e.g. GRUB. Should I use URL or See Also? Or does it not matter?

AFAIK, it doesn't really matter as none of them works properly. There's
an actual field for this which has several popular external BZs
available, so use this if the BZ you want to reference is there, but
even this one doesn't really work - it's supposed to pick up status
changes from the other BZ, but it doesn't. The others are really just
text.