user list

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 02:21:52 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM, David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/2013 9:02 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:
>> A nit-picking issue, (forgive me for my lack of tech-speak): I just
>> updated to "Linux 3.9.9-301.fc19.x86_64" and found that the nice list
>> of users to get into the system has been replaced by a bar. It's
>> replacement is not so necessary for those of us who are familiar with
>> Linux, especially if we boot into the text environment. I'm just
>> thinking of other users that we may attract from other OSes.
>>
>> my 2 cents.
>>
>> Richard
>>

> Funny. Others have been bit*hing about the list for several release
> cycles.  :-)
>
> --
>
>   David
> --

Oh, OK. It doesn't really matter to me either way. Perhaps they don't
like the idea that they can see who is using the system - perhaps
self-conscious that others can see their usernames? Perhaps something
else. We may get as many complaints now that the names are gone? From
a political science point of view, I might like to see the end numbers
if there are any for both sides.

Richard