user list

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed Jul 10 02:30:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-07-08 at 10:58 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> See, GNOME _does_ listen :-) And yes, this is new in F19.

They do listen.  They don't always care.  :)

And for the record, HATE the new login screen.  Impossible to login with
only the keyboard and gestures are for tablets, not getting the login to
appear on desktops.  And of course it isn't configurable.... any more
than you can turn it off once logged in.  Nope, we have devolved from
the over configurability of xscreensaver to the first fairly spartan and
kinda broken gnome screen screensaver to this new crap that requires
gestures to unlock and CAN"T BE DISABLED. (At least it can't be disabled
through the official settings page.)  The notion that I might not want a
screensaver isn't even a valid thought in GNOMEland.  Thankfully I only
suffer GNOME once per Fedora release; to look at it, laugh at the stupid
and then log out and switch desktops back to something sane.