installed tests

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 13:38:53 UTC 2013

> On Fri, 2013-07-12 at 14:28 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > With F19 out of the way, maybe now is a good time to bring this topic up
> > again.
> >
> > There is now a gnome-desktop-testing package in rawhide, which includes
> > a small test runner, and a number of packages have grown tests
> > subpackages which install tests that this runner can execute:
> >
> > glib2-tests
> > gdk-pixbuf2-tests
> > pango-tests
> > gtk3-tests

I've looked at "Installed Tests" and GnomeOSTree a bit and it looks like good stuff, it's great that you execute this upstream.

> > I think it would be fantastic if we could use these in the Fedora autoqa
> > system as well.
>
> Right now work on AutoQA is, I believe, more focused around the Taskbot
> effort - http://tirfa.com/an-initial-idea-for-taskbot.html - than about
> implementing additional testing. The good news is that part of the point
> of the Taskbot re-design is to make it easier to add additional tests in
> future, so it's short term pain for long term gain. Tim or Kamil might
> correct me, though :)

That's right, we haven't done a good job in supporting arbitrary third-party tests in AutoQA and we would like to fix it with a new system called TaskBot. Tim Flink is the person standing behind it at the moment.

It means we can't, unfortunately, execute these tests in Fedora infra at the moment (unless we want to do it in build time in Koji), but we would very much like to support these use cases in the future. Thanks for sending us the links. Maybe we can re-use some parts or ideas of your system in our TaskBot, that would be great.