Detecting Time Zone - F19-TC1

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Jun 6 15:39:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 23:05:04 -0700
Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-06-06 at 01:26 -0400, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > On 06/06/2013 01:15 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > Eh, it didn't really seem that significant to me, and it ought to
> > > be pretty obvious...but you can throw a needs_release_note flag
> > > on the bug if you like.
> > Not on its own but along with the rest of the changes, it should be
> > documented.  This is sort of thing reviewers tend to notice and
> > users might be surprised by.  I am not sure the installation beat
> > was covered at all in this cycle. and I don't know the relevant bug
> > here but please tag them as appropriate.
>
> oh jeez, it might just be better if I write something up, remembering
> all the bug IDs would be fun...i'll throw it at my todo list.

FYI, for the curious... Fedora Infrastructure is running the service
this uses. It's a simple wsgi script with geoip-geolite:

https://github.com/mdomsch/geoip-city-wsgi

It does not work for ipv6 addresses, but otherwise seems to work ok.

Happy to provide or track down more info on it if anyone has questions.

kevin