F19-mailserver & selinux complains

Cristian Sava csava at central.ucv.ro
Sun Jun 9 08:58:51 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-06-08 at 22:34 +0200, Lars Seipel wrote:
> It took me a while to figure out you're not talking about Fedora
> packages but RPMs/specfiles provided by some 3rd party. Please make this
> a bit clearer next time.
Well, our server is somehow similar to
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-users-and-domains-with-postfix-courier-mysql-and-squirrelmail-fedora-18-x86_64
but we have a slightly different goal:
The goal is to have completely virtual users and domains. We want
minimum work to add/delete/invalidate users. This mail server does not
care of /etc/passwd (no alias needed for every local user) and
jimbob at domain1.com != jimbob at domain2.com != jimbob at localws.mydomain.com
This means creating a separate namespace for each domain, mail users
stored in a database, mail addressed to the machine (even for users that
do not exist!) may be managed, etc.
We did this for F17, F18 and now F19. All these servers are working well
(without selinux) but we want a simpler way to enable selinux for such
installs. We want selinux=enabled because it is a valuable thing to
have.
It's not comfortable to build many dedicated modules (sometimes not even
possible - is any dedicated directory advised to store them? /opt ? - no
one wants to be a selinux guru just for that) so we asked help on this
list.

C. Sava