windows7/8 in a gnome box

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Sun Jun 9 16:56:34 UTC 2013

I wanted to test gnome-boxes on a fully updated fed19 beta.

1) I had to set selinux to permissive to enable the install
   of windows7/8 (or any Linux). Why?

2) Both Win7 and Win8 install without problems but I am unable
   to enable 16:9 fullscreen (or any 16:9 screen).
   For example 1600x900 does not appear in the Windows screen
   resolution settings menu.
   (gnome-boxes 3.8.3)

Problems 1) and 2) are also present under fed18 (gnome-boxes 3.6.3).

In fed19 beta I also checked with kvm/qemu but the problem 2) remains.
(and of course selinux needed to be in permissive mode).

Is this what is to be expected. I thought fullscreen was possible.

AV