F19 Final criteria revamp

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 12:04:20 UTC 2013

On 06/10/2013 11:56 AM, Felix Miata wrote:

> Yet another Fedora way to alienate users. While "dual" booting is
> indeed a thing of the '80's, multibooting isn't going away just
> because virtualization exists. Virtually all my 30+ usable systems are
> multiboot, regardless whether their hardware supports virtualization.
> Most of them don't.

And in what are you using those 30+ usable system and why aren't you
running Fedora only on them?

> Virtualization is emulation, faking. Some testing requires using real
> hardware. Some environments require using real hardware. Some users
> require real hardware.
>
> Even if I personally embraced the concept of virtualization as a
> replacement for multiboot, I wouldn't want to use a host OS with a
> mere 18 month support life.

Then perhaps Fedora is not the distribution for you to use since it has
such an short life cycle ( 13 months ) + we are just talking about
removing this from the release critera not stop "supporting" this.

JBG