F19 Final criteria revamp

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 10 15:46:05 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-10 14:57 (GMT) "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" composed:

>>> And in what are you using those 30+ usable system

>> They are all in the same building.

> So being in the same building is why you are multi booting them?

No.

I really don't understand the question or why you are asking it.

>>> and why aren't you running Fedora only on them?

>> This is a test list, so I subscribe because I'm a tester. My role is
>> discovering and reporting reproducible problems in software. Fedora is
>> both testing tool and test subject. None of the testing I do requires
>> a complete PC be constrained to a single operating system.

> You could just as well wipe those machine clean and perform a fresh OS
> test on a fresh install ( along with what ever hw driver development you
> are into ) of what ever OS you have running each time you are performing
> test.

I test diverse kinds of software. Operating systems are just one software
class among them. OS installation is among the most time consuming and lowest
priority tests I perform. I often clone and upgrade the clone in order to
avoid the OS installation process. Due to my experience with the pre-release
F18 installer, all my F19 installations have been made via partition clone
and Yum upgrade.

I repeat: Fedora here is both testing tool and test subject. Interference
between the two functions needs to be limited. Wiping is antithetical to my
limitation methodology and primary goals.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/