F19 installer not giving an option for English GB (or UK)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jun 13 22:54:02 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 10:33 +1200, Gavin Flower wrote:
> I actually live in New Zealand, not the US so I would prefer a different
> language for the desktop.  So since I am used to British spelling. I
> would like to be able to set the language for the desktop as English-GB.
>
> I think that the above should be remedied in F19.

Er, I see a "English (United Kingdom)" on the first page of anaconda,
and have done ever since the re-design.

> ///////////////
>
> Changes that I think would be useful are (but I suspect that these would
> have to wait for F20):
>
> Since my wife is Chinese, and my son is studying French, I would also
> like to include French & English during installation - one used to  be
> able to do this.

This is available from the "Language Support" spoke of the installer. It
is not shown on the live installer - I don't quite recall the reason,
but it's intentional; I think its behaviour was buggy or too confusing
in a live context.

> In fact the fine grain control of what is selected at installation has
> disappeared with the new system, and I think it should be reinstated.

This is too vague, I cannot tell what you mean.