gnome-shell cpu usage during installation

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Jun 22 19:47:18 UTC 2013

On Jun 21, 2013, at 11:41 AM, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is completely irrelevant. If you want to find out whats going on
> install debug info packages for gnome-shell, mutter, clutter, cogl,
> mesa and X.
> Install sysprof and run sysprof to see where the cpu time is spent.

OK.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3253801/sysprof_f19gs_ffdrag

If I'm reading this correctly the functions contributing to CPU usage the most, in order:

_raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore called mostly by nv84_graph_tlb_flush
__schedule called mostly by sys_sched_yield

I'm not sure what any of that means. And I'm also not sure if that's the bulk of the difference between F18 and F19 without profiling F18 also, because I don't know if the usage amounts of those functions is normal.

Chris Murphy