grub2 error msg during boot: fireworks.png not found

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Sat May 18 07:50:01 UTC 2013

On 05/18/2013 08:41 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi F19 testers,
>
> after having applied all F19 updates and rebooting, I received a grub
> error message:
>
> */boot/grub2/themes/system/fireworks.png not found*
>
> It seems that I got rid from this file by the updates.
>
> I could solve the problem by copying that file from a backup.
>
> Anybody sees this too?
>
> Who could be the culprit in the updates:

It seems the culprit is

fedora-logos-19.0.3-1.fc19

to which I updated yesterday friday. The previous

fedora-logos-19.0.2-1.fc19

still had /boot/grub2/themes/system/fireworks.png

Kind regards

Joachim Backes

--

Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat): Kernel-3.9.2-301.fc19.x86_64

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes