going to F19 using fedora-upgrade

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Wed May 29 11:37:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

just FTR, yesterday I've tried to upgrade my laptop to F19.

I've chosen to use fedora-upgrade.

Note that I've run that in console, and I logged out from KDE a few minutes
after finishing the download, just when I noticed higher disc activity
indicating that yum started installing new packages.

This phase took more than two hours ... um, I guess we really need to speed up
yum/rpm/underlying filesystem, if a clean F17 install on the same machine took
less than 20 minutes :-/

I've rebooted the system then.

So far, I haven't noticed any problems which I would assing to the upgrade (of
course, Akonadi still crashing the same way as in F18 etc.)

Great job, Mirek (and all the packagers making sure there are no troubles with
updating their packages)!

K.

p.s. not to rest on one's laurels, here are some RFE's:
Bug 968275 - RFE: commandline options support
Bug 968284 - RFE: support for dnf

--
Karel Volný
QE BaseOs/Daemons Team