differences between RC3 and RC4 install images

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 6 16:32:52 UTC 2013

Adam Williamson <awilliam <at> redhat.com> writes:

> On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 03:23 +0000, Andre Robatino wrote:
> > The install images for 20 Beta RC3 and RC4 are definitely NOT identical. The
> > checksums are different, and just looking at the DVD, the options under
> > "Installation source" are different (RC3 only had one option, RC4 has the
> > regular complement) and the add-ons for "Basic desktop" are different (RC3
> > had Security Lab, which normally isn't there, RC4 does not). There are
> > probably other differences as well, I didn't check thoroughly. It looks like
> > something was broken with RC3 install images and fixed with RC4.
>
> Sounds like it was affected by the kickstart bug too, then. We didn't
> change package loadout at all between RC3 and RC4.

False alarm. AFAICT, the only actual difference is in the checksums. I think
the add-ons difference was due to looking at a netinst vs. a DVD, and the
"Installation source" difference was partly due to one of the VMs having an
existing installation (which appears to lead to an additional "ISO file"
option). I should have been more careful doing the comparison. Sorry for the
noise.