Fedora 20 Beta RC5 validation in progress, help welcome!

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 7 06:57:03 UTC 2013

Using for HTTP install started with Grub Legacy:
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/20-Beta-RC5/Fedora/i386/os/LiveOS/squashfs.img
06 Nov
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/20-Beta-RC5/Fedora/i386/os/isolinux/vmlinuz
21 Oct
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/20-Beta-RC5/Fedora/i386/os/isolinux/initrd.img
06 Nov
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/20-Beta-RC5/Fedora/i386/os/

Not finding on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Dracut/Options#Network or
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda_Boot_Options?rd=Anaconda/Options how
to keep eth0 as eth0, I punted, including on Grub's cmdline: ip=eth0:dhcp &
(from
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/)
net.ifnames=0 (in addition to ipv6.disable=1 and more). In spite of cmdline
arguments, eth0 was announced renamed to em1 @21.367204, and dhcp for em1 was
announced initiated 22.944155, and an IP assigned to em1 @30.404483. After a
5 minute or so hang, I got emergency mode, in which neither ip nor ifconfig
commands are available, so I can't tell if network is the problem, or
something else.

There's a big time gap right before the end of the log between '...localhost
kernel: bio: create slab <bio-2> at 2' and '...localhost
dracut-initqueue[510]: Warning: Could not boot, 31.008414 vs. 227.205191'.

Can a sole NIC be kept on eth0 for 32 bit F20 installation? If so, how? I
thought I saw a way somewhere, but don't remember where if I did.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/