Fedora 20 Swastika

Sam Kottler skottler at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 01:44:41 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

I've been trying to remain quiet on this thread because it's reached a point of being asinine, but I have to take issue with your language. "somebody sees something they don't like" is a reference to a swastika; someone raised a concern and you were dismissive both toward the concern and toward the symbol. The swastika symbolizes a period when *millions* of people who died and tens of millions of people who had their lives completely uprooted because of the events of that era. It's not "something [a person] didn't like" so don't pin it on a single person raising an issue; that's not neither accurate nor appropriate.

I am of Jewish descent, and had family members who were in camps during the Holocaust. I don't see a swastika in the wallpaper and don't really care as to whether the it stays or goes, but I just felt the need to point out the dismissive tone when someone had clearly raised an issue.