SDDMinsteadOfKDM Change pushed back to f21

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 28 00:38:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-11-26 at 10:30 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> At the KDE SIG meeting today, we made the hard decision to push
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SDDMinsteadOfKDM
> change/feature back to f21.  There were simply too many sddm-related
> blocker issues that would not be safely resolvable in time for f20 release.
>
> As such, effective immediately, we're implementing
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SDDMinsteadOfKDM#Contingency_Plan
> to revert back to using kdm for f20 release.  I just made commits to
> comps-f20 and spin-kickstarts/f20 branch to implement that.
>
> jreznik will send out some followup announcement(s), and relnotes poking
> (thanks).

Note that due to boring release engineering technicalities (changes to
comps don't really take effect until after the next mash), this change
probably didn't land entirely in Final TC3. I haven't checked yet, but I
suspect TC3 will still be using SDDM but the KDE live kickstart will
have been switched back to 'KDM mode', so the TC3 KDE live may be a bit
busted (autologin broken). It should all shake out cleanly for TC4 (or
RC1 if, by some miracle, that's the next build after TC3).

I did build a test live image locally here to make sure a KDE live built
with KDM worked correctly, and it seems fine, so I don't anticipate any
problems from this once it shakes out.