VOB

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Nov 29 00:15:53 UTC 2013

On 11/29/13 07:06, Scott Robbins wrote:

> mplayer filename.vob
>
> Or, if you want a full gui experience, install and use "smplayer" which is
> a frontend to mplayer.
>>

>> [... VIDEO_TS]$ ls
>> VIDEO_TS.BUP  VIDEO_TS.IFO  VIDEO_TS.VOB  VTS_01_0.BUP  VTS_01_0.IFO
>>  VTS_01_1.VOB  VTS_01_2.VOB  VTS_01_3.VOB
>>
>> mplayer VTS*
>> MPlayer 1.1-4.8.2 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
>>
>> Playing VTS_01_0.BUP.
>> libavformat version 54.6.100 (internal)
> Ah, Ok, it looks like you have a directory with VOB files in it. That's a
> different thing.
>
> If the directory containing said VIDEO_TS file is called mymovie then, in
> the directory where you have the mymovie directory, you would do
>
> mplayer -dvd-device ./mymovie dvd://
>
> See if that works.
>
> (Otherwise, you can use vlc and choose open directory, but I haven't done
> that in awhile, so don't remember the details.

What "should" work....and I just tried it....

mplayer VIDEO_TS.IFO       The IFO is an "info" file that tells mplayer what to play....  Sure, it depends on a valid or well formatted IFO file.  :-)

FWIW.....   If one goes to

This list is for discussion of testing and quality assurance of the Fedora Project.

This list provides community assistance, encouragement, and advice for Fedora users. Topics outside of that are generally not appropriate for this list. Please keep in mind that there are many thousands of subscribers and do your best to remain on-topic and courteous.

So in my feeble mind it is clear where this question should have been asked.  :-)
--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts