f20 beta tc1, live desktop, text install?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Oct 7 20:18:51 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 14:15 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Oct 7, 2013, at 1:52 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2013-10-04 at 17:27 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> >> Is text install expected to work for live media? If not, disregard.
> >
> > I don't think it ever has been, no. Though perhaps we should outright
> > disallow it, if we're not expecting it to work. Could you file a bug for
> > that, perhaps? Thanks!
>
> If I set the kernel parameter line to include "text 3" it does not run automatically. I get there by typing anaconda <enter> and then the text installer appears.

That's probably enough hoop-jumping, I guess. (Plus anaconda doesn't
work properly on live images if you call it as 'anaconda' even when
running graphically; you have to call 'liveinst', which is a kind of
wrapper that puts anaconda in 'live install mode'. I still don't think
it's expected to work in text mode, though.)
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin DOT net