Fedora 20 nfs

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Sat Oct 12 15:05:12 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-10 at 11:34 +0200, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-10-09 at 09:47 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Did a test install of F20 64bit on my normal workstation/desktop.
> >
> > Problem seems to be that after I setup nfs to mount, it won't do it
> > automatically on boot.  And this usually works just fine out of the box
> > up to F19.  I have to mount the directory manually once the system is
> > booted.
> >
> > Is there a particular nfs service that isn't starting/working  that
> > would do this for me or something else?
>
> Check 'remote-fs.target': this is the systemd target that controls
> mounting anything considered a 'remote' filesystem, similar to the old
> 'netfs' service.

Looked and it is there, but not sure what to look for besides being
there.  Any particular info that should be there?  Or can someone take a
look after a fresh install that might know the program better to see if
it's missing something?

[mike at scrappy ~]$ more /lib/systemd/system/remote-fs.target
#  This file is part of systemd.
#
#  systemd is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
#  under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published
by
#  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or
#  (at your option) any later version.

[Unit]
Description=Remote File Systems
Documentation=man:systemd.special(7)