usbmuxd troubles

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Oct 17 16:22:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 08:25:56AM -0400, Frank wrote:
> On 17/10/13 12:11 AM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> >With yum-utils installed run, as root,
> >
> >   package-cleanup --noscripts --cleandupes
> >
> >and that should do it.
>
>   I ran into this problem a few weeks ago - the advice I got at the
> time (and it worked)
> was:
>
> First (as superuser root) try out the
>
>   package-cleanup --cleandupes
>
> command.

If a duplicate showed up due to faulty package scripts then the above
without '--noscripts' will just fail.  That is why this option is needed
there.

> If that doesn't manage to remove the duplicate, give
>
>   rpm --erase --justdb --noscripts --notriggers usbmuxd-1.0.8-10.fc20.x86_64
>
> a try.

'--justdb' in this particular case of cleaning another revision of the
same version should not matter that much.  I general with it you are
running a risk of leaving behind files which are not claimed by any
package.  Hardly a desirable result.  That option is really for rare
cases when you need to muck with a content of an rpm database without
any changes to your disk.

   Michal