F20-Alpha-TC5

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Sep 10 13:00:47 UTC 2013

Dear F20 testers,

my F20-Alpha-TC5 experiences: I downloaded the TC5 netinst.iso (x86_64)
and tried to install it in VBOX. I choosed a vdi disk of 12.7 G size and
selected the own partitioning scheme (standard) with the following layout:

sda1: 9G, /
sda2: 1G, /home
sda3: Swap (*I entered no size*, and I saw that anaconda created the
swap with 2.7 G size). After completion of the partitioning scheme, I
clicked "done", so anaconda presented a window with asking for
confirmation of these partition changements. After having done this,
anaconda stopped.

I had to reboot the VM, but this time, no boot media were found (very
weird, I could reproduce this), and I had to configure the CD drive
again (netinst.iso).

Trial 2: Same as previously, but this time I entered an *explicite* swap
size of 2.7G. Now, the installer started correctly and proceeded.

Anybody had similar problems?

Kind regards

Joachim Backes
--