Moving away from reporting to RH bugzilla and adopting pure upstream reporting mantra.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 21:34:49 UTC 2013

On 09/24/2013 09:21 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Jonathan Kamens <jik at kamens.us> said:
>> Rather, it feels to me like
>> you've already made up your mind and are just putting on a show of
>> listening to other people's opinions before going ahead and doing
>> what you wanted to do all along.
> If you have read Jóhann's previous posts, he believes that Fedora should
> be completely separated from Red Hat.  Though he has not mentioned it in
> this discussion, I believe that is what is driving his desire to stop
> using RHBZ (even if there is no satisfactory replacement).

I think we should strive to become self sustaining community yes with
multiple sponsors as opposed to be highly depended and dictated by a
single sponsor be it Red Hat be it something else to serve it's needs
and be called guinea pigs for them in the process yes you are right in
that regard but that's not the reason for it.

The reason for it is that infra has made it clear that we will not have
our own bugzilla instance which we could hack against the things we need
to hack against it ( like health monitor for components,badges etc ),
have the ability to ping infra as well as using upstream tools to
fix,motify and even delete user accounts,customize our own workflows,
not being able to lookup bugs because some employee at RH closed the bug
as duplicate of internal bugs and various other issues in that regard
etc. so we will never be able to build a QA community to server our and
developers need which leaves us with the alternative adopting upstream
mantra.

JBG