Hwisenbug NFS FLAG DAY

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 25 02:45:22 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-09-24 at 13:33 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> On 24 September 2013 01:07, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX <caf at omen.com>
> wrote:
>         After upgrading from Korora 19 to Heisenbug,the following line
>         in /etc/exports no longer exports an NFS share that SCO
>         Openserver 5
>         can mount.
>
>         /u 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0(rw,async,insecure)
>
>         The following appears in /var/log/messages:
>         authenticated mount request from 192.168.1.35:1022 for /u (/u)
>
>         But SCO cannon mount, complaining PROGRAM VERS MISMATCH
>         Protocol not available.
>

> I am guessing /u is exporting NFSv4 and SCO O5 doesn't know it.

That doesn't look like a valid exports file for an NFSv4 share to me;
nothing has fsid=0 .

The default behaviour for Fedora for several releases has been to try
and make all shares available via both protocols when possible, so if
it's no longer offering NFSv3 by default that'd be a significant change.
But this is Chuck, so that's likely not actually the case...