F21 Final RC1 - Xfce screensave not turning off backlight

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Dec 2 03:49:26 UTC 2014

On 12/01/2014 09:31 PM, Mukundan Ragavan wrote:

> On 12/01/2014 04:26 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> On 12/01/2014 04:01 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>> I have gone through the power management and have specified that
>>> after 9 minutes (on AC) to blank the screen and after 10 min (one
>>> more minute) to turn off the screen.  Well it has been over 30
>>> minutes and the screen backlight is still on.
>>>
>>> This is a Lenovo x120e.
>> Even on battery, there is still some backlight.  Less, for sure,
>> but when I turn the room light off, I can still see it.
>>
>> On my other Lenovo x120e with F20 and Gnome, the screen really
>> turns off.
>>

> Unfortunately, I do not see this on my laptop. Has this started
> happening recently?

You could say that.  I never ran Xfce before.  This notebook never had
Fedora on it before, though I have another Lenovo x120e with Fedora 20
(and Gnome) on it.

This is the first time I have installed Xfce AND F21.  It is the first
time I have had to deal with the display not turning off. Hmmm, could
there be a bios setting not set right?  Will have to check this out.

> I have submitted a new update to xfce4-power-manager
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/xfce4-power-manager-1.4.2-1.fc21
>
> Would you be able to give it a try and see if that works?

Yes.  I will pull it down and test it.