fedup f20->f21 kde broken deps

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:56:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:45:29 -0500, Neal Becker wrote:

> So basically, update f20->f21 is just broken, if you want kde.

Which is because the same updates have been published for F20 already,
whereas the corresponding builds for F21 are still in updates-testing.

This is something that has never before worked well with Fedora. Prior to
a new release of Fedora -- whether a test release or a final release --
packagers publish brand-new updates for the older dist releases while not
managing to release the corresponding builds for the fresh dist release
_first_. They either sit and wait in the Fedora Updates System or due to
a freeze. That doesn't work. Worse if they are not even found in updates-testing.

I would guess
> that if I proceed with the update, that kde will not work.  That's a showstopper
> for me.

You will need updates-testing.