OS X dual boot criterion problems

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 4 07:41:50 UTC 2014

Hi, folks. Talking to cmurf, our resident OS X dual boot expert, on
#fedora-qa, it's become clear that when we adopted the OS X dual boot
criterion a few weeks back, we didn't have a good understanding of the
current state of that code and particularly upstream grub's support for
booting OS X via UEFI. Basically it seems that booting OS X from grub
didn't work then and doesn't work now and we can't realistically fix it,
so we shouldn't have put that criterion in place because it's not
something we can actually viably achieve.

cmurf, roshi, kparal and I voted +1 to removing the criterion on that
basis. I'm hoping cmurf will be kind enough to look at the issue again
for the F22 cycle, in consultation with pjones if necessary, so we can
put a realistic requirement in place before we get into F22 Alphas.

If no-one has any objections, we'll make the removal formal ahead of
tomorrow's Go/No-Go meeting for 21. Thanks folks!