In F21, Samsung ML-1740 laser printer doesn't work immediately, but does after installing splix

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Sun Dec 7 03:24:11 UTC 2014

Sérgio Basto <sergio <at> serjux.com> writes:

> > Anyway, in F21 it was
> > necessary to install splix. Was the suppport for this printer moved from
> > foomatic to splix,
>
> No, without splix , we couldn't print on this kind of printers, I think.

The printer was working in F20, F19, and F18, and I didn't have splix
installed on any of those (according to my lists of installed packages for
them). As I recall, it was necessary and sufficient to have foomatic
installed. I did have splix installed in F16 and F17, but probably just out
of curiosity.