fedup failure (.treeinfo.signed)

Thomas Gilliard satellitgo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 14:12:16 UTC 2014

On 12/8/2014 5:52 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
>> I'm re-testing fedup f20->f21 this morning.  I get:
>>
>> sudo fedup --network 21 --product=nonproduct
>> getting boot images...
>> .treeinfo.signed
>> | 1.8 kB  00:00:00
>>
>> Downloading failed: invalid data in .treeinfo: File contains no section
>> headers.
>> file: /var/cache/system-upgrade/.treeinfo, line: 1
> F21 tree is not published yet, so this is partly expected not to work yet... however, I wonder whether having the treeinfo signed will break fedup or not. Will, any help here?
I am testing fedup of f20 netinstall gnome desktop to f21 workstation;
I needed to add --nogpgcheck to get it to work:

fedup --network 21 --product=workstation

Downloading failed" invalid data in .treeinfo: File contains no section
headers.
file: /var/cache/system-upgrade/ .treeinfo, line: 1

fedup --network 21 --product=workstation --nogpgcheck

is working in f21 workstation Boxes (1469 files)
"Finished. Reboot to start Upgrade"

Tom Gilliard
satellit
#fedora-qa