Installing the 304.123 nvidia lagacy drivers in Fedora 21

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 09:49:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Lawrence E Graves <lgraves95 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having trouble installing the lagacy drivers 304.123 in Fedora 21. Is
> it because of the new wayland X servers or because I don't know what to do.
> I am using Quadro FX2500m card. If there is a way, please advise.
>
> --

Have you tried following this:
http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia

In general, in 32bit you'll need to enable both RPMFusion repositories
(free, nonfree), and type:
yum install kmod-nvidia-304xx xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-304xx
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-304xx-libs
In 64bit, you might want to add xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-304xx-libs.i686
for 32bit/wine support.
I usually add akmod-nvidia-304xx, just in-case a new kernel is out,
and the kmod package (driver) is behind.

- Gilboa