fedup: boot image not found

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 16 01:39:26 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-12-15 at 15:21 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> (It occurs to me that I can probably do some wiki template magic in
> the fedup test case instructions so they will provide the correct
> instrepo parameter for the most recent nightly compose or TC/RC;
> I'll have to look at that later.)

So hey, I did this. If you look at any of the fedup test cases - e.g.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_upgrade_fedup_cli_previous_desktop - you should now always see an accurate installation repository URL
in the instructions (like, right now, it points into the 2014-12-08
Rawhide nightly tree, as that's what we have nominated for testing).
It should handle things properly when 22 branches and we go to testing
Branched nightlies instead of Rawhide ones, and then when we start
testing TCs and RCs.

This might be a good time to mention a magic wiki template I added as
part of relval work:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:CurrentFedoraCompose

up until today it simply contained the text of the current compose -
so, '22 20141208', at present. To make the fedup instructions stuff
possible, I made it a bit smarter, as explained in the template
documentation, there. It may be useful for others doing stuff with
validation testing. You can call the template with various parameters
to get various info about the current compose.