netinst not part of release?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Wed Dec 17 03:26:08 UTC 2014

On 12/17/14 11:13, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-12-17 at 09:31 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> I just noticed that the Fedora-Server-netinst.iso appears not to be
>> part of F21 release.  I could not find it listed here
>> http://torrents.fedoraproject.org/.  I sometimes find that iso
>> helpful as one can choose the Base Environment, Add-ons, as well as
>> add language support.
>>
>> Was this ever meant to be in the final release?  If so, why was it
>> eliminated?
> It is part of the release. It's on the downloads page and all the
> mirrors. I guess there isn't a torrent because it's too small to be
> worthwhile, either that or it's just an oversight.

Ah, yes....  It is on https://getfedora.org/en/server/download/   I didn't think to look there, in spite of the name, because it has more options than the Server-DVD.  It seems to be more inclusive than just "server".

FWIW, even though it is small, I think it would be nice to include it on the torrent page since if you're going to download various images you probably would want to use the same method to make your life "easier".